Goals & Objectives
- Establish communication lines among constituency and ecumenically.
- Promote and nurture local groups, including United Church of Christ ministers in the network.
- General Assembly gathering.
- Educate, support and provide models for the development of mentor relationships.
- Establish a list of names of qualified women to be circulated to Regional Ministers.
- Tell and celebrate the stories of women in ministry.
- Recommend the Women in Ministry in Virginia resource.
- Promote the use of Some Are Called to be Pastors—a video which includes interviews of four pastors. (Available for $18 from Office of Disciples Women)
The Steering Committee is comprised of nine women, each serving a six-year term. A new class of three is elected at each General Assembly of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The Steering Committee meets annually.