African American Staff at DHM
Helpful tips for contacting staff
We, the African American DHM staff, would like to share a few recommendations with you to help facilitate a working relationship regarding participation with African American Disciples’ convocations, conventions, fellowships, assemblies and congregations throughout North America. You might wonder, how can “I” help or what can “we” do? Please allow us the opportunity to openly share and suggest the following:
- Request our services by phone, followed with written invitation. We encourage 90 days or more advance notice, if possible.
- Inform us of your request for assignments and responsibilities ahead of time, in writing.
- Schedule intentional time for us to meet with constituents during the event.
- Publicize promptly and persistently to congregations and regions about upcoming events, especially events which involve your general staff from Disciples Home Missions.
- Invite us into your planning process. We are available to help develop models for your event.
- Remember, we are available to serve as workshop facilitators, preachers, keynoters, resource persons, etc. We are also able to share about any of the work Disciples Home Missions provides.
June 12, 2017
The 2017 Juneteenth resource is available for download. It is the oldest known celebration commemorating the ending of slavery in the United States. Dating back…
Read more >