Global Women Connecting was formed in 1955 as World Christian Women’s Fellowship (World CWF) to provide a channel by which all women members of the Stone-Campbell heritage churches and of the United churches who share that heritage, may be joined in fellowship and through which, by prayer, study, and service they may share the gospel to the ends of the earth. The name change from World CWF (WCWF) to Global Women Connecting (GWC) was adopted at the 2004 World Convention in Brighton, England.
Who are GWC?
- We are women who hear God’s call through our concern for women worldwide.
- We are women inspired to share our passion, our service, and our prayers.
- We are women who build Christian unity by connecting to friends, communities, and faith groups.
Leadership is chosen to guide GWC from one World Convention Global Gathering to the next, the president from the hosting country and the vice president from a different country, usually across the globe. A representative is identified in participant regions and assists to join with others in GWC mission and ministry. The president, vice president, and representatives form the Executive Committee.
All GWC participants encourage Christian unity through fellowship, service, study, and prayer.
What does GWC do?
- Unites, informs, and connects Stone Campbell Movement women from around the world.
- Provides mission emphasis via a four-year service project that all member countries support.
- Sponsors a women’s event in conjunction with the World Convention for fellowship and networking. This is also the time when the Executive Committee meets.
- Communicates regularly through World Convention’s email newsletter, ChristiaNet ~ monthly prayer topics are lifted up, financial and activity updates for the service project are given, and information regarding world events and concerns are shared.
What are the 2017-2019 service projects?
The Executive Committee of Global Women Connecting selected Aatma Vikas during the Women’s Event at Global Gathering 19 in Damoh, India on January 12-15, 2017. Aatma Vikas, which means “self progress,” trains women in sewing, stitching and jewelry making so they can be employed to free the future for themselves and their families. Your support helps create socially, economically, and spiritually thriving communities in India through vocational training and empowerment initiatives. Read more about this and past Global Women Connecting service projects here
- Call: Julia Keith, GWC Liaison, (615) 431-1824
- Email: julia@WorldConvention.org
- Write: Global Women Connecting, PO Box 50998, Nashville TN 37205-0998
How can I help?
- With your stories. Your witness brings awareness.
- With your prayers. Your concern and compassion bring unity.
- With your financial support. Annual gifts make electronic and face-to-face communication possible. Service project gifts assist others in deep need.
How can I send you the money we raise?
Please make check payable and mail to:
Global Women Connecting
PO Box 50998
Nashville, TN 37205
Please mark check GWC with your specific country or project name.
Remittance form with brochure is available in a PDF format.
We are interested in the story of how you raised your funds. If you would like to share, please email your story to GWC. Stories will be posted as they become available.
What are the past service projects?
- 1960: Printing of Jerol E Naomi in Creole as part of a literacy and hygiene program for women in Haiti
- 1970: Relief and rehabilitation in Vietnam
- 1974: Relief of world hunger, especially in Northern Africa
- 1980s: Work with street children in Latin America
- 1992: ECPAT (End Child Prostitution in Asian Tourism)
- 1996 to 2004: Khayelihle Children’s Village, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
- 2004 to 2008: the Women’s Network (Red de Mujeres) of the Council of Evangelical Churches of Colombia (CEDECOL).
- 2008 to 2012: Klong Toey Community Center (KTCC), Bangkok, Thailand
- 2013 to 2016: LAR ESPERANCA (Hope Home) and CENTRO DE EDUCACAO ESPERANCA (Home Education Center), Mozambique and Harvest View Academy, Kenya
Disciples Women and Global Women Connecting together
Disciples Women are active participants in GWC.
- The Executive Director of Disciples Women, serves as Secretary-Treasurer of the organization.
- International Disciples Women’s Ministries, the Disciples Women’s church wide organization for women, sends a delegation to GWC retreats.
- Each women’s group provides an annual membership of $10, to be divided between the GWC budget ($9) and a fund to send U.S.A. and Canadian representatives to GWC meetings ($1).
- Disciples Women groups and individuals support the GWC Service Project chosen every few years at the GWC retreat.
- The GWC newsletter is available by direct email subscription.
Global Women Connecting