Disciples Women’s Ministries is a conduit for diverse connections
Empowering each woman to find her voice and live out her call. Micah 6:8
Who are the voting members of the IDWM cabinet?
Others who are invited
- Conventions and Fellowhsip Group representatives;
- Haitian Women;
- United Church of Christ representative
- Leader Apprentice Program Ministry Team;
- Church Finance Council representative.
Why are we here?
Cabinet members came together biennially (This meeting was suspended in 2010 due to financial considerations) to:
- Select themes and areas for general programs and group study;
- Further prepare themes and areas of study to be developed by the Women’s Resources Committee (WRC) for the Just Women study program;
- Participate in working groups as designed by the IDWM Executive Committee (i.e. General Assembly activities, educational groups, social action/justice issue groups);
- Select a Socal Action Emphasis;
- Receive information for the next year’s study material;
- Receive reports from the Disciples Women’s staff;
- Receive reports from the IDWM Quadrennial Assembly Committee;
- Fellowship, worship and share ideas.
Did you know …?
- In 1953, the ICWF (U.S. and Canada) was founded and in 1982 the ICWF Cabinet was formed. In 2006 the ICWF became known as the IDWM;
- The IDWM Cabinet sponsors the Quadrennial Assembly for Women;
- The Quadrennial Assembly for Women supports the IDWM budget;
- The work of IDWM is financed through the budgets of the ODW and the IDWM;
- The IDWM is a channel for relating women of the U.S. & Canada to the World Christian Women’s Fellowship;
- The Office of Disciples Women is a ministry of Disciples Home Missions;