Here are some specific action ideas and things that you can DO to MOVE your faith from HEAD and HEART to HANDS and FEET.
Social Action Emphasis 2014 to 2018
- Human Trafficking Breaking the Chains: Link by Link
First lifted up at Quadrennial 2010 as a means of education then moved to action at Quadrennial 2014.
- Environment issues (link to Green Chalice pages)
- Blessed Tomorrow – ecumenical web site dealing with environmental issues, justice, and care. Resourced in part by Disciples.
- Disciples Women’s 6-part Environmental Study (Leader’s guide also available) PDF
- Welcome Baskets PDF
- Used Postage Stamps PDF
- Recycling: Hearing aids, Eyeglasses and Cell phones PDF
- Recycle plastic bags into sleeping mats for the homeless as done at General Assembly 2015 by Disciples Women and Disciples Youth. Written instructions. Blessing Service.
- Treasures, Not Trash: Foster Care Luggage for Kids PDF
- The Hunger Site
- Wigs for Kids Web site
- “My Brothers’ Keeper” sleeping bags PDF
- Health Kits for Latin American Refugees PDF
Kids 2 Kids Missions is a joint program for the children of the Disciples of Christ and the United Church of Christ. It highlights social action program and activities with this age group in mind.
- To help end hunger, connect with Bread for the World link or call them at (800) 82-Bread
- Change for God Download the promotional flyer PDF
- Tools of Hope Program Guide – call (800) 297-1516
- Devotion to Justice – a series of 34 individual devotions from the Justice Table on the topics of: women and children; hunger and poverty; creation care; and immigration.
- Rev. Jinsuk Chun message at 2012 NAPAD Convocation PDF
- Justice Primer & Study Guide PDF