Disciples Women’s Endowment Fund
A grant designed for ministry work that benefits women of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denomination.
The Disciples Women’s Endowment Fund (DWEF) was established in 1990 as the Women’s Endowment Fund to provide the opportunity to contribute to a permanent fund that supports both the present and future work of women in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). This fund allows both the donor and recipient the experience of making a tremendous impact in shaping the world through the work ministry work funded through DWEF. Through this fund, ministry work aimed at helping women is manifested as the love of Jesus Christ is spread throughout both congregations and communities. The funds are invested through the Christian Church Foundation to keep pace with inflation and produce a steady income stream. Only the interest on the investments is used to support grant requests, and priority is given to the ministry, which benefits the entire women’s network.
- Leadership Training: To provide educational opportunities that teach women the skills needed to become leaders in the church and strengthen their leadership abilities to serve others in their communities and beyond.
- Scholarship Support: To assist women’s participation in opportunities that strengthen their faith, faith development, leadership training and educational opportunities through scholarship assistance.
- Seminarians: A maximum of one-third (1/3) of the total cost for a scholarship, event, or mission trip will be considered.
- Women’s Action Web and Woman-to-Woman Worldwide: A maximum of one-third (1/3) of the total program cost will be considered for regions/constituencies who have participated in the program previously. A maximum of two-thirds (2/3) of the total program cost will be considered for regions/constituencies that are first-time participants.
2023 Woman-to-Woman Worldwide Application
- Outreach Ministries: To provide opportunities for ministry that serve women locally and globally (e.g., justice, healing, and peace issues). General outreach projects are not considered.
- Faith Development: To provide spiritual growth opportunities for individuals and groups (e.g., retreats, spiritual direction, auditing courses, or mission trips).
- Women’s Programming: To ensure that new and vital ministry continues to be developed and offered to the women of the church.
- Only members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada are eligible for this grant.
- Applications not affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) will not be considered.
- Applications outside the United States and Canada will not be considered.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- This grant is intended to fund work that aims to help edify women.
- This is a one-time grant distribution and is nonrenewable.
- Grant recipients must wait for at least four (4) grant cycles before applying for new funds.
- All funding decisions are at the discretion of the DWEF Grants Committee.
Previously awarded grants can be viewed here.
Return the completed grant application along with supporting documents to:
Disciples Women’s Ministries
Attention: DWEF Committee
P.O. Box 1986
Indianapolis, IN 46206-1986
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails should include the subject line: DWEF Application Spring/Fall <year>
Need the free Acrobat reader? Visit the Adobe Acrobat Reader download site.
How Can You Support the Disciples Women’s Endowment Fund?
- Create a planned gift. The Christian Church Foundation, one of the general units of the church, has numerous gift opportunities available that not only benefit the donor’s wishes but also can create a source of income for the donor.
- Designate a percentage or a fixed dollar amount for the fund in your will or trust.
- Establish a named fund ($1000 minimum) in memory or honor of someone. Once the fund is established, additional contributions may be made at
- Make an outright gift.
- Designate the Disciples Women’s Endowment Fund as the beneficiary of insurance / IRAs.
- Transfer stock.
- Encourage others to include DWEF in their estate planning.
- Gift Annuities.
- Charitable Trusts.
For more information about how to make your tax-deductible donation, download the DWEF brochure.