“Holy Voices for World Refugee Day” TONIGHT!
to kick off World Refugee Day week, and hear from multi-faith voices about the importance of World Refugee Day–upcoming on June 13th!!
This year, there are 100 million persons displaced worldwide, including over 26.6 million refugees. Faith communities continue to be essential to offering hope to refugees and asylum seekers–and this year’s arrivals of Afghans and Ukrainians means that our congregations have worked more with refugees than they have in many years!
Yet, after years of decimation, many challenges still remain to restore the US refugee program! Although the administration set a refugee admissions goal number of 125,000 for this fiscal year, actual resettlement arrivals have been less than 8,800 refugees
in the first half of the year!
Engage Your Congregation as
World Refugee Day Nears on June 20th!!
Below are some key resources to assist you and your congregation support refugees around World Refugee Day, and throughout 2022:
- Find multiple resources for your Disciples worship planning and refugee celebrations and advocacy here and here.
- See our World Refugee Day Faith Toolkit 2022 here and through this shortlink: https://bit.ly/WRDFaithToolkit2022. This toolkit includes Faith Community & Partner World Refugee Day Resources, Worship Materials, and Refugee Advocacy Resources, as well as links to multiple event recordings.
- Use these Actions Alerts to support Refugees & Asylum Seekers:
- URGENT: Urge Congress & the Biden Administration to Welcome Refugees and Rebuild the U.S. Resettlement Program
- URGENT TAKE ACTION: Tell President Biden and Congress to Halt Inhumane Expulsions and Anti-Asylum Policies at the Border
- See this Faith Vigil Toolkit to assist your community in holding a public vigil in support of asylum seekers.
- Find and Download a Disciples Refugee Welcome Sunday Worship and Planning Resources Toolkit from the site here, which contains many pages of worship resources, a sermon starter, refugee themed prayers, stories of Disciples work with refugees, a Children’s Sermon, game, and much more!
- Be sure to SIGN UP to let us know and promote how you’ll be honoring refugees and immigrants in your church and community!!
Contact our Refugee & Immigration Ministries office for more ideas or information, at: email@example.com or 202-957-7826.