The U.S. Supreme Court is due to announce its decision soon on whether the DACA program – which has lifted up the lives and provided work authorization for over 700,000 Dreamers since 2012 – can stand, or whether attempts to end it will succeed.
The court is likely to announce its decision on a remaining Monday or Thursday during June. There is also a chance the decision could be delayed until July, due to COVID-19.
Prepare to stand with DACA leaders in these ways:
- EVERY MONDAY, Join our Monday Morning DACA Prayers, 9:30-10 a.m. Eastern. RSVP here once to receive a new link each week: https://bit.ly/DACAPrayersRSVP. See below on this page to view and learn from previous “Monday Morning DACA Prayers” discussions.
- ON THE DAY AFTER THE COURT’S DECISION, take these two actions:
- Ring #DACABells4Justice at 12 noon Eastern for 7 minutes (a minute per each of the 100,000 DACA recipients affected by the SCOTUS decision.) Register here to ring individual bells in your homes, on your porch, or from your church steeples! Then, post on FB and follow and tag our RIM FB at: www.bit.ly/RIMFacebook. Follow and tag us on Twitter @StanleyRea. Find sample FB and Twitter posts and images below these actions.
- Text DACADECISION to 877-877 for info. to join a 1 p.m. National Virtual Rally.
- TODAY, SIGN ON TO THIS LETTER at http://bit.ly/Faith4DACApetition urging the US Senate to pass permanent protections for DACA leaders. NO MATTER WHAT the Supreme Court ruling is, only a policy change will offer permanent protections.
And, stay tuned for more ways after the decision that
you can continue to act in solidarity
for protections of DACA and TPS recipients and their families!
Share these sample tweets & posts to encourage your friends and churches to ring #DACABells4Justice!—
- Ring bells for justice! 🔔 At 12 pm ET on the day after the SCOTUS decision on DACA, we will be joining in a chorus of bells across the country in support of DACA recipients.
Learn more and join: https://bit.ly/Bells4Justice #Faith4DACA #DACABells4Justice
- Stand with DACA recipients and ring bells for justice 🔔 12 pm ET on [Date]
Ring them in your steeples, on your front porch, or in the streets to call attention to the impact of the SCOTUS decision on DACA recipients: https://bit.ly/Bells4Justice
o 🔔 Ring Bells for Justice 🔔
From the steeples to the streets, join us on [Date] at 12 pm ET to gather people of faith to pray and respond to the SCOTUS decision on DACA.